Sunday, April 6, 2008

Does Anyone Remember That Game "Joe and Mac"...

...for SNES? I just picked it up yesterday at this local retro-gaming store. It's undoubtedly a classic, despite its numerous flaws, e.g. length, control lag, difficulty level, etc. I managed to conquer the final "half-cherub, half-devil" boss in just under forty minutes, faster than my girlfriend could get primped for the Xiu Xiu show.

The Xiu Xiu concert...thats what I want to discuss. All in all it was an amazing show, minus the absurdly misguided hecklers that tainted the Mohawk sky deck. Their observations managed to bleed significant insight, "You're music's wierd!" However, the ever composed Jamie Stewart managed to cast off their words with some light comical retort:


Alright, its not that hysterical but I do thank these guys so much for making my week. I was also excited that they decided to keep "Clowne Towne" in their setlist, having at least one track to lip to. I did buy the new album a couple weeks ago but my dog managed to eat it before I could finish listening, or uploading...so there's that. Anyway, below I included three tracks with three very distinct messages of jubilation...for my night of equal emotional value.


Xiu Xiu - Ceremony
Joy Division - Ceremony (live)
Galaxie 500 - Ceremony

Bonus, to mix a bit:
Xiu Xiu - Bishop, CA (Kid 606 version)


By the way, who was that guy masturbating on the front of the band's t-shirt?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember fighting an absurdly angry wooly mammoth and thinking, "In reality these were probably very docile creatures." Anyway, get Rocky Rodent, I believe we rented it atleast 7 times and never actually beat it.