Monday, April 21, 2008

Never Underestimate the Power of an Admiration Complex

For a couple weeks now I've been getting continuous positive comments regarding the Diplo remix I posted. I thought I might acknowledge said reactions a little bit more and let go of some other tracks that manage to indulge similar feelings of guilty nostalgia while simultaneously generating some refreshing sensibilities.

All of these tracks desperately strive to be passe, but manage to hook me back into my troubled youth, relentless in their refusal to let certain conditions and moods wane their own momentum. But I project...

Perhaps, maybe these songs are in just need of revamping in order to reflect a new wave of perception. If I have learned anything over the past year its that a complete overhaul of an individual's state of affairs, e.g. location, career, relationships, interests etc., can often be an arduous and unnecessary process, devoid of any real personal growth...

Lou Reed - Walk on the Wild Side ('03 remix)
Archie Bronson Outfit - Dead Funny (Four Tet remix)
Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart (Arthur Baker remix)
cLOUDDEAD - Dead Dogs Two (Boards of Canada remix)

...or maybe their originals are just timeless in nature and the propensity to post after my weekly therapy-session should be heavily reconsidered. And now for something completely different:

Loco Dice - Pimp Jackson is Talkin Now


No comments: