Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Minimally Speaking


If anyone pays attention to this blog, all two of you might come to realize I am a huge listener of minimal techno and all its minimal glory. Clean, consistent rythms with tiny variations in speed and tempo exemplfy a subtle genius that can only be appreciated with headphones or on a dancefloor in Hungary, apparently.

Labels like Kopakt, Tenax, Revolver Canada, Minimouse and Dial have been churning out these tracks for a while, perfect for anyone getting started with this genre. I posted a few mp3's that I still listen to regularly, and hopefully one day get to experience live. But I do live in Austin, not the ideal place for said music. The Ebony track doesn't quite fit, but I included it because its just so sexy.

James Figurine - 55566688833 (The Field Mix)
claudio prc - So Close
Supermayer - The Art of Letting Go
Ebony Bones - We Know All About You
The Field - A Paw In My Face

No comments: