Saturday, March 22, 2008

They Talk About the Weather Like There's Nothing Else to Say


Still on my Anticon kick I inlcuded in this post a few gems I've been kicking around: first, the new Why? track from their upcoming LP Alopecia (by the way if you can find the Boards of Canada remix, its ten times more enjoyable.)

Why? - Good Friday

Also, There is a couple Sole, Skyrider songs from last year. I caught them live a few months ago here at Emo's and it was defineatley on of the better live acts, so if you get the chance I would highly recommend it. (Sole's solo instrumental stuff is really good too.)

Sole and The Skyrider Band - Shipwreckers
Sole and The Skyrider Band - The Bones of My Pets

There's also an old Thee More Shallows track thats one of my favorites, straying away from the electronic/hip hop style of their peers, this band still holds up as an amazing listen, and live show.

Thee More Shallows - 2AM

Finally, I threw in a few songs from Meanest Man Contest, who aren't actually on Anticon, but I thought they worked in this post and there new album is just right, so if your'e a fan of Anticon's stuff you should really...just listen.

Meanest Man Contest - We Wouldn't Want it Any Other Way
Meanest Man Contest - Throwing Away Broken Electronics
Meanest Man Contest - Some People (Just Get Off on Breaking Hearts)

No comments: